Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cupcake cards

I am hard at work on my Fun in the Sun Project, but I had to take a little break to make up some cute cards!

From doing a little research I have heard mixed opinions about mailing quilled cards. Some say they can, some say they can't. So I thought I would test out that theory by mailing 2 cards to a volunteer. I sent one card in a regular envelope, and sent a second one in a small bubble mailer. Hopefully one will reach her intact! Once she receives them she will take pics for me, so I can see how they held up. I really want to offer some cards in my shop, but I have a feeling they will only be available for people who hand cards to their recipients. When I get the results I will let you know!!


Meanwhile, here is what I came up with:


For a true test I wanted to make sure I had some different coils. Some tight and close, some with a little space, and just one long strip.

Here is a close up shot of the cupcake:


Wouldn't this be the cutest birthday card? I really hope they hold up in the mail, I had so much fun putting these cards together!

No comments:

Post a Comment