Monday, June 30, 2014

Rustic Romance Crafts

I was approached by Kristen from Rustic Romance Crafts to see if I could quill her logo. She recently had this logo designed for her and I fell in love with it at first glance!


Isn't it gorgeous? It is so flowing and whimsical, perfect for quilling. The only issue I had with it is all the black. It is hard to quill with black. Since the paper stands up it casts a small shadow. If you have black paper with the shadow in tight coils, you can't really see the coils. So I decided to flip the colors. I chose a grey background, put the tree as white, and alternated between white, grey, and black hearts. 


As with my other tree, I started with just the basic outlines.


The hearts were not glued down. They were just there for reference. Also I have not glued at this point. I like to lay out the papers first to see if I need any adjustments


This is when I started filling in branches. I glued down the basic outline, and then laid out the fillers.


Once I had all the branches complete and glued, I started adding the hearts. 


I used some waves to fill in the trunk and voila:


One gorgeous recreated logo! It really was fun having the freedom to change certain items and I can not be happier with how this came out.



What do you think? Please leave your thoughts in the comments!

Also, check out Rustic Romance Crafts shop on Storenvy! She makes charming burlap home decor and I can't wait to get one of her wreaths!

No comments:

Post a Comment